Homeopathy Treatment for Gastritis and Acidity
Gastritis is inflammation of stomach lining with pain or burning sensation. It can be acute and chronic.
Symptoms for Gastritis
1. Upper abdominal pain
When suffering from Gastritis the most common symptom is Upper abdominal pain.
2. Nausea and vomiting
The color of the waste due to vomiting may be clear, green or yellow, blood-streaked or completely bloody depending on the severity of the stomach inflammation
Bloating is a swollen state caused by retention of fluid or gas.
You can have the feeling heaviness in the abdomen
Belching is the process of releasing air from mouth noisily that accumulates in the stomach.
While releasing air you can have bitter or sour eructations.
5. Excess formation of gas which is also called as flatus
6. Loss of appetite
8. Early Satiety
9. Unexplained weight loss
Gastric pain is commonly used to describe pain or discomfort in the upper abdomen.
In acute cases, there may be excessive burning, nausea and vomiting. In chronic cases, there may be gradual loss of appetite, fullness after eating, dull pain, or no pain at all.
Your digestive tract produces gas and eliminates it either through mouth via belching and through rectum via flatulence. The average person passes gas about 13 to 21 times per day. Gas is made up mostly of carbon dioxide, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, and methane.
Foods that are notorious gas producers include :
– Sometimes whole grains can also cause gas
– fast food, non veg diet, etc.
Causes of Gastritis
Gastritis is caused by inflammation of gastric lining and mucosa which occours after the disruption of protective mucus barrier thereby exposing the tissues of stomach to acidic secretions.
Gastritis is caused by
–Helicobacter pylori is helical shaped bacteria that is common cause of gastritis. Chronic cases may even lead to
ulcers and stomach cancer.
-Drug induced and other diseases
Use of NSAIDS (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs),radiation therapy, chemotherapy,etc.
People with diseases like crohn’s disease, chronic severe illness, autoimmune diseases,etc also have gastric issues.
Consumption of alcohol, smoking, drugs and cocaine also cause gastric irritation.
Types of Gastritis
Gastritis can be acute (sudden and recent) or chronic (from a long time).
It can also be non-erosive or erosive.
1. When only the stomach lining gets inflamed then it is known as non-erosive gastritis.
2. In erosive gastritis, the mucus lining gets eroded and sores or ulcers are formed in the stomach lining.
3. Atrophic gastritis can be due to helicobacter pylori infection or autoimmune in origin. In this the gastric gland cells gets replaced by intestinal and fibrous tissue. Then there is impaired release of gastric juices and enzymes like pepsin, hydrochloric acid and gastric intrinsic factor.
What is Acidity or acid reflux ?
Passing gas, while potentially awkward, is generally normal and not a cause for concern. Acid reflux, however, cannot only be uncomfortable, but it can lead to health complications if left untreated. This can cause symptoms such as a burning chest pain called heartburn.
Other factors that make acid reflux (GERD) more likely are:
Complications of Gastritis
There can be peptic ulcers (gastric and duodenal ulcers), bleeding from stomach ,stomach tumors, anaemia, stomach cancer, gastric scarring and stricture, pernicious anemia, dehydration, kidney issues,etc.
Diagnosis of Gastritis
Often, a diagnosis can be made based on the patient’s description of their symptoms, but other methods which may be used to verify gastritis include:
√ Blood test for Blood cell count
√ Presence of H. pylori
√ Liver, kidney, gallbladder, or pancreas functions
√ Stool sample, to look for blood in the stool
√ Endoscopy, to check for stomach lining inflammation and mucous erosion
√ Stomach biopsy, to test for gastritis and other conditions.
By adding these health tips to your daily routine, gastritis or acidity can be controlled. If you are under medication it can boost the healing process.
What to Eat and Drink ?
– Increase your fluid intake.
– Drink plenty of water, fruit and vegetable juice, derived from carrot, spinach, etc.
– Eat small and frequent meals.
– Take effective steps to control your stresses by way of yoga, meditation and do walking and exercise.
What to Avoid ?
– Avoid eating cabbage and broccoli; they could trigger gas problems.
– Avoid oily, fatty food.
– Avoid alcohol, colas, tea, coffee, hot and spicy food, and drugs such as aspirin; they may irritate your stomach lining and cause gastritis.
– Quit smoking.
What can Homeopathy do?
Homeopathy can help in reducing the inflammation of the stomach lining and remove the symptoms thereafter.
Homeopathic treatment for gastritis prevents the formation of sores and ulcers in the lining of stomach.The aim of homeopathic medicine for gastritis is not only to treat gastritis but to treat its underlying cause.
The selection of homeopathic medicine for gastritis treatment is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.
Following are few indicated remedies for acidity and gastric pain.
1. Nux Vomica
Homeopathic remedy Nux Vomica can be used for gastritis if you are suffering from following symptoms :
– Suffering from pain and cramping in abdomen after eating and before stool then nux vomica can help you.
You have nausea and vomiting which gets increased after stress or anger or usage of stimulants(tea, coffee and alcohol, etc.)
– You may have heaviness in abdomen as if sensation of stone kept there after (over-)eating.
– Complaints from alcohol abuse.
– Nux vomica works well in cases of ulcers, crohn’s disease, constipation, diarrhea, flatulence, etc.
2. Arsenicum album
If you have burning pain in the stomach and having little food or drink worsens the pain then homeopathic medicine for gastritis is arsenic album.
Pain gets better by taking something warm where as cold and acidic things worsen the pain and burning. Cold food or drinks can aslo induce vomiting with restlessness, weightloss and intense anxiety at pit of stomach.
Homeopathic medicine Arsenic works well in cases of Food poisoning, gastritis, ulcer and malignancy.
3. China officinalis
If you have bloated abdomen with decreased thirst and appetite appears only when eating or fullness after eating a little then medicine china can help you. You get Hungry at night and suffer from diarrhoea from fruit, fish, milk.
Homeopathic remedy China for gastritis can help in complaints of liver, gallstones, flatulence, distention of abdomen, etc.
If you suffer from early satiety then lycopodium can help you. Little food intake causes fullness and bloating of lower abdomen. Cold drinks or food causes pain in right hypochondrium that extends to back. There is relief on rubbing or after taking warm drinks. Nausea, vomiting of food and bile with sour belching may also be present. There is loss of appetite with hungry feeling at night.
Homeopathic remedy Lycopodium for gastritis works well in Affections of LIVER. Gall-stones with colic , gastritis, flatulence, etc.
If you suffer from nausea and vomiting,then use of Phosphorus can help you. There is throwing up with constant nausea with bitter/sour belching and heartburn.
6. Carbo vegetabilis
If you suffer from flatulence and distension of abdomen then carbo veg can be of great help. You have sensation as if abdomen is hanging down.
There is Colicky pain in head due to gas formation. You get Diarrhea from fatty and heavy food.
7. Argentum Nitricum
If you are suffering from gastritic pain that radiates around navel in abdomen. Main cause is chronic alcohol intake. Pains are burning and constricting in nature .There is frequent belching and distension of abdomen.
Few other remedies like :
– Pulsatilla can of great use when you get gastric problems after eating fatty food.
– Robinia, nat phos, nux vomica can be used when suffering from stomach digestion problems with heartburn & acidity.
– Clocynth, mag phos can be used when suffering from pain in stomach .
– Ipecac for treatment of nausea.
– Bryonia, alumina for constipation.
– Aloe, colocynth for diarrhoea and digestion problems can help you.
Note : These are indicated medicines and should be taken after the advice of qualified Homeopathic Doctor. A constitutional medicine is prescribed according to case history and individualization of patient which stops further recurrence of Gastritis
Why Choose Homeopathy Online for Treatment of Gastritis ?
With Homeopathy Online, during your first online consultation, case history is taken which includes your present main complaint, duration of the symptoms, family history, mental symptoms, any treatment if you have undergone before.
Also, we take into account the overall picture of patient – the emotional makeup and general health, the type of illness and specific “modalities” that make the symptoms better or worse. In this way we individualize one patient from another, hence the medicine is then prescribed.
After the consultation, finally we provide you the required steps which you need to take to get rid of the problem from its root cause :
1. The medicine prescription, if medicines are required to be taken
2. Diet Chart
4. Weekly or Monthly follow up, depending upon the severity of problem
Click below to book appointment for the Gastritis Treatment in Homeopathy:
Consult Online for Treatment of Gastritis
40 min session with Dr. Komal