Homeopathy Treatment for Kidney Stones
What can Homeopathy do?
Kidney stone treatment in homeopathy is natural, safe way to break down renal calculi and have remarkable results in treating the recurrent tendency of stone formation and help to easily avoid surgery.
The objective of homeopathy is not only to treat kidney stones but to address its primary cause and individual weakness. Homeopathy for kidney stones has some good natural remedies. These remedies not just calm down pain and discomfort but also dissolve stones and eject them in urine.
Homeopathic remedies for kidney stones break down the large stones and remove them from your body without using any painful invasive procedures. Kidney stone treatment in homeopathy has no side effects.
What is Kidney Stone ?
Kidney stone disease is also known as urolithiasis/Nephrolithiasis.
Kidney stones are hard deposits of minerals and acid salts that form inside your kidneys, ureters or urinary bladder. Often, stones form when the urine becomes concentrated, allowing minerals to crystallize and stick together. A kidney stone may not cause symptoms until it moves around within your kidney or passes into your ureter — the tube connecting the kidney and bladder.
At that point, you may experience these signs and symptoms.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
- Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
- Pain that radiates to the lower abdomen and groin
- Pain that comes in waves and fluctuates in intensity
- Pain on urination
- Pink, red or brown urine – blood in urine (hematuria)
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- Persistent need to urinate
- Urinating more often than usual
- Fever and chills if an infection is present
- Urinating small amounts
- Strongest pain sensations or Renal colic
What is Renal colic ?
Sharp pain, known as renal colic, is often described as one of the strongest pain sensations known. Renal colic may be accompanied by :
a) urinary urgency (urgent need to go to urine)
c) hematuria (blood in urine)
e) Nausea and vomiting
It typically comes in waves lasting 20 to 60 minutes caused by peristaltic contractions of the ureter as it attempts to expel the stone.
Pain caused by a kidney stone may change — for instance, shifting to a different location or increasing in intensity
Types of Kidney Stones
There are mainly five types of kidney stones. These include
1. Uric acid stones can form in people who don’t drink enough fluids or who lose too much fluid, those who eat a high-protein diet(mainly animal protein), and those who have gout. More common in men.
2. Calcium stones (calcium oxalate stones and calcium phosphate)
Calcium oxalate stones are most common types of kidney stones. But sometimes there can be calcium phodphate stones too.Chocolate, peanuts, potato chips, spinach etc should be avoided as they are oxalate rich foods.
3. Struvite stones are sharp stones which cause pain. They are associated with UTI (urinary tract infection). Seen commonly in women.
4. Staghorn stones are enlarged struvite stones.
5. Cystine stones have rare occurrence. Main symtom is cystinuria – where cystine is present in urine.It runs in families.
RISK FACTORS of Kidney Stones
- Diet which is high in protein, sodium (salt) , calcium or oxalate and sugar may increase your risk of having kidney stones.
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Obesity : High body mass index (BMI), large waist size and weight gain have been linked to an increased risk of kidney stones.
- Family or personal history – If someone in your family has kidney stones, you’re more likely to develop stones, too. And if you’ve already had one or more kidney stones, you’re at increased risk of developing another.
- Dehydration: Not drinking enough water each day can increase your risk of kidney stones.
Diagnosis for Kidney Stones
- X-ray (KUB)- kidney, ureter, bladder to identify location of stone.
- Ultrasonography (USG)
- CT scan
- Intraveneous pyelogram
- Renal function test (blood test)
Health Advice to Kidney Stones Patients
- Drink plenty of fluid, especially water( 2-3 L)
- Eat lots of watery fruits and vegetables which help in increasing the liquid content in the body.
- Go low on animal protein – Protein leads to the reduction of citrate levels in the body, a chemical that helps prevent stones. To replace animal protein, the food that could be consumed includes beans, dried peas, lentils, soy milk, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios and sunflower seeds.
- Say no to ‘too much salt’ – Salt contains sodium which causes calcium to build in the urine.
- Go low on oxalate-rich foods – Some foods which are very high in oxalate include peanuts, spinach, beets, sesame seeds, chocolate and sweet potatoes.
Homeopathic medicines for Kidney Stones Treatment
In several cases, surgery can be avoided. To what extent Homeopathic medicine can help depends upon the size and location of the kidney stone along with proper diet management.
Few indicated remedies are :
1) BENZOIC ACID
When urine is very offensive like horse’s urine, it can be of dark colour, full of sediment.
Kidney stones with high uric acid.
When pain increases on right side, beneficial acid can be thought of.
2) BERBERIS VULGARIS
Renal colic, sharp pain is felt on left side.
The Pain radiates into thigh, bladder, testes, genitalia.
Pain increase on jar, lying, motion, menses, pressure, urination, standing.
If there is numbness and Gurgling or bubbling sensations in kidney region we may think of berberis.
Kidney stones colic increases on right side.
There are sediment of red sand like brick-dust present in urine.
In lycopodium patient pain is relieved by passing urine and
pain worsens before urination, urine is scanty.
Sometimes urine may be purulent, turbid, or pale.
4) PAREIRA BRAVA
There is severe pain when person attempts to urinate, pain EXTENDS DOWN THIGHS to the feet.
Patient can urinate only when he goes ON HIS HANDS AND KNEES AND PRESSES HIS HEAD AGAINST THE FLOOR.
Pain from left kidney extends through ureter to groin.
Cramps in legs during urination is felt.
Dysuria in children. Child screams before and during urination.
Thers is frequent and copious urination.
Sharp PAIN AT END OF URINATION is experienced.
Severe burning after urination. Pain goes from urethra back to abdomen.
Renal colic. , Pain from right kidney travel downward.
Gravel or sediment in urine is present. Calculi of kidneys or bladder.
– Blood in urine(hematuria) can be seen.
6) LITHIUM CARB
This medicine is indicated when pain extend into spermatic cord.
There is severe pain before urination.
Pain from kidney extend along urethera through spermatic cord into testes.
7) HYDRANGEA (STONE BREAKER)
A remedy for gravel, profuse deposit of white amorphous salts in urine.
Calculus, renal colic, bloody urine.
It Acts on ureter.
There is Pain in lumbar region.
Burning in urethra and frequent desire but urine is hard to start.
Gravelly deposits. Spasmodic stricture. Profuse deposit of white amorphous salts in urine is seen.
There is inflammation of urinary bladder (CYSTITIS) or urethra can be inflammed (URETHRITIS).
Patient feels BURNING pain
With violent tenesmus and intolerable urging,
Also drops of urine cause scalding.
Patient is better by sitting and worse by walking , drinking.
There is bloody urine.
Pain in the back, sensitive to touch.
Few other indicated medicines
– Renal pain with nausea or vomiting : Ocimum Can and Tabacum can be helpful.
– Kidney stone of the left side are Berberis Vulgaris and Hedeoma Pulegioides.
– Cantharis Vesicatoria and Sarsaparilla Officinalis are two wonderful Homeopathic medicines for kidney stones with burning urination.
– Lycopodium and Sarsaparilla Officinalis used to treat kidney stone of the right side.
Note : These are indicated medicines and should be taken after advice of qualified Homeopathic Doctor. A constitutional medicine is prescribed according to case history and individualization of patient which stops further recurrence of kidney stones
Kidney Stone Treatment in Homeopathy – Why Choose Homeopathy Online?
With Homeopathy Online, during your first online consultation, case history is taken which includes your present main complaint, duration of the symptoms, family history, mental symptoms, any treatment if you have undergone before.
Also, we take into account the overall picture of patient – the emotional makeup and general health, the type of illness and specific “modalities” that make the symptoms better or worse. In this way we individualize one patient from another, hence the medicine is then prescribed.
After the consultation, finally we provide you the required steps which you need to take to get rid of the problem from its root cause :
1. The medicine prescription, if medicines are required to be taken
2. Diet Chart
4. Weekly or Monthly follow up, depending upon the severity of problem
Consult Online for Treatment of Kidney Stones
40 min session with Dr. Komal