Causes of Inter menstrual Bleeding:
1) Medicinal Causes:
Most commonly seen in women using oral contraceptives ( birth control pills) or hormonal contraceptives ( intra uterine device like copper T), etc.
Also use of anti- coagulants or aspirin abuse may also cause it.
2) Emotional Causes:
Emotional factors such as anger, fright, excitement and stress can also cause sudden onset of menses.
3) Physical Causes:
Any injury or exertion may lead to inter-menstrual bleeding. Injury may be due to trauma, automutilation or sexual abuse or rape.
4) Endocrinal Causes:
Hormonal imbalance and polycystic ovarian syndrome( PCOS) can also cause metrorrhagia.
During menopausal time, there can be inter menstrual bleeding.
5) Pathological Causes:
The causes include fibroid uterus, polyp in uterus, endometriosis, adenomyosis, vaginitis, dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB), sexually transmitted diseases, infections, pelvic inflammatory diseases and malignancies (Uterine/ vaginal/ovarian or endometrial cancer), etc.
6) Complicated Pregnancy
Ectopic pregnancy ( a complication of pregnancy in which the embryo attaches outside the uterus) can cause bleeding.
Incomplete miscarriage (Miscarriage, also known as spontaneous abortion and pregnancy loss, is the natural death of an embryo or fetus before it is able to survive independently) also results in vaginal bleeding.
Symptoms of Inter menstrual Bleeding:
There is light to heavy bleeding between regular menstrual periods which may or may not be associated with cramps or abdominal pain.
Diagnosis of Inter menstrual Bleeding:
√ Your menstrual history and symptoms will be noted down and a physical examination will be performed.
√ During your pelvic examination, cultures may be taken to test for infection or sexually transmitted disease.
√ Blood tests may be used to test your thyroid and hormone levels.
√ You may be tested for pregnancy.
√ A Pap smear may be taken to check for cervical cancer.
√ An ultrasound can be done to check reproductive organs and abnormal growths
√ An endometrial biopsy can be used to obtain cells from your uterus to check for hormone imbalances or abnormalities.
What can Homeopathy do?
Homeopathy strengthens your immune power and acts on the root cause of abnormal bleeding.
Homeopathic constitutional medicine is selected after individualization taking into account your present symptoms, menstrual history, physical and mental symptoms, medicinal intake history (oral contraceptive pills, anti-coagulants, etc), associated symptoms along with factors that increase or decrease the flow.
Homeopathic Medicine for Metrorrhagia / Inter menstrual bleeding :
We have classified the metrorrhagia homoeopathic medicine into four different categories as shown below :
1. Remedy for Inter-menstrual bleeding due to Abortion or Injury
•When the blood flow is bright red mixed with little clots then Homeopathic remedy SABINA is very helpful. Bleeding is partly fluid and partly clotted which increases by motion associated with pain from sacrum to pubes.
•When the bright red flow comes in a sudden gush and stops and restarts often associated with painful micturition then Homeopathic remedy ERIGERON CANADENSIS can be helpful.
• When the blood flow is painless, dark and offensive associated with feeling of heat and there is desire of uncovering then Homeopathic remedy SECALE COR is helpful.
• When the bright red, non-coagulable bleeding is caused by Fall or Abortion then homeopathic remedy MILLEFOLIUM can be helpful.
• When the flow is gushing and accompanied by exhaustion, faintness and a feeling as if hips and back were falling to pieces, caused by abortion or appearing at climacteric period then homeopathic remedy TRILLIUM PENDULUM work wonders. The flow is bright-red, sometimes dark and clotted.
• Homeopathic remedy ARNICA can be used when sore bruised pains accompany uterine bleeding following an injury.
•When excessive weakness is present along with uterine bleeding due to injury then homeopathic remedy HAMAMELIS is helpful.
2. Remedy for Inter-menstrual bleeding due to Growths of Fibroids, polyps, cysts, etc..
•When Inter Menstrual Bleeding occurs due to uterine polyps and fibroid and the bleeding occurs very frequently and is profuse then homeopathic remedy CALCAREA CARBONICUM work wonders. There is excessive chilliness, especially cold feet, during the bleeding.
• Homeopathic remedy PHOSPHORUS works well when bleeding in between periods is due to fibroids, polyps and cancer of uterus, etc. Blood is bright red in color.
• Homeopathic remedy TRILLIUM PENDULUM is helpful when bright red bleeding in between periods occur due to fibroid uterus. There is exhaustion, faintness and a feeling as if hips and back were falling to pieces.
•When the flow is associated with uterine colic (labour-like pain) then homeopathic remedy THILASPI BURSA PASTORIS works well. The menstrual cycle appears even before recovery from the previous periods has occurred. Menstrual bleeding is dark, profuse, with the presence of large clots. It is indicated in uterine fibroids with prolonged menses.
• Homeopathic remedy USTILAGO MAYDIS is used in uterine fibroids where menstrual bleeding is dark. Clotted and stringy bleeding is present.
• Homeopathic remedy SABINA is well indicated for ovarian cysts with heavy menstrual bleeding. The menstrual bleeding is usually bright red, and copious, with the presence of dark clots.
• If there are irregular periods, profuse or prolonged periods, pain during intercourse and abdominal bloating then Homeopathic remedy LYCOPODIUM is well indicated. Usually there is right ovarian cyst.
3. Remedy for Inter Menstrual Bleeding in Menopausal Women
•When the bleeding is accompanied by a characteristic bearing down sensation in the uterus then Homeopathic remedy SEPIA works well.
• When bleeding is gushing and accompanied by exhaustion, faintness and a feeling as if hips and back pain are broken into prices appearing at climacteric period then homeopathic remedy TRILLIUM PENDULUM work wonders.
• Homeopathic remedy VISCUM ALBUM is indicated when dark clotted bleeding appear at climacteric period with pain from sacrum to pelvis downward.
4. Remedy for Inter-menstrual bleeding due to Emotional causes
• Homeopathic remedy CHAMOMILLA is indicated when an episode of anger has led to bleeding in between periods.
• When mental excitement including fright, brings about vaginal bleeding in between the periods then homeopathic remedy CALCAREA CARBONICUM is helpful.
• Inter-menstrual bleeding due to Exertion
• Homeopathic remedy AMBRA GRISEA works well when the slightest of exertion leads to menstrual bleeding.
• Homeopathic remedy HELONIAS is indicated when there is relaxed atonic uterus with much general weakness. The relaxed uterus predisposes to bleeding in between periods from exertion.
• When bleeding occurs between periods with pain in the back and legs then homeopathic remedy NITRIC ACID works well. This is due to over exertion or lifting heavy weight.
Note : These are indicated medicines and should be taken after advice of qualified Homeopathic Doctor. A constitutional medicine is prescribed according to case history and individualization of patient which stops further recurrence of Inter-menstrual bleeding. Intermenstrual bleeding treatment will depend on the cause as well as your individual state of health, preferences, and needs.
To get the treatment for intermenstrual bleeding or Metrorrhagia, please visit at -> https://www.homoeopathy-online.com/book-appointment
Don’t miss new updates on health related articles, click here to subscribe!